WVU football releases 2018 schedule
MORGANTOWN, WV (WCHS/WVAH) —
The Mountaineers’ 2018 schedule features six home games and two games in North Carolina against Power-5 non-conference teams. With five road games and a neutral site game, the 2018 slate features more than 5,600 miles of travel for the Mountaineers.
West Virginia will kick off the 2018 season Saturday, Sept. 1, when the Mountaineers take on the Tennessee Volunteers at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte. It will be the first time WVU and Tennessee have met on the football field.
The following week, the Mountaineers will host Youngstown State in the 2018 home opener.
On Saturday, Sept. 15, the Mountaineers will return to the Tar Heel State to take on the North Carolina State Wolfpack.
The Mountaineers will return home for homecoming on Oct. 6 against the Kansas Jayhawks.
On Saturday, Oct. 13, WVU will travel to Ames to take on the Iowa State Cyclones before playing three consecutive Texas teams.
The Mountaineers will host Baylor on Thursday, Oct. 25, during Mountaineer Week. On Nov. 3, WVU will take on the Texas Longhorns in Austin before returning home on Nov. 10 to play the Horned Frogs of Texas Christian University.
West Virginia’s final two regular season games will be against opponents from Oklahoma.
Here is a full look at the 2018 football schedule:
- Saturday, Sept. 1 vs. Tennessee (at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte)
- Saturday, Sept. 8 vs. Youngstown State
- Saturday, Sept. 15 at North Carolina State
- Saturday, Sept. 22 vs. Kansas State
- Saturday, Sept. 29 at Texas Tech
- Saturday, Oct. 6 vs. Kansas (Homecoming)
- Saturday, Oct. 13 at Iowa State
- Thursday, Oct. 25 vs. Baylor (Mountaineer Week)
- Saturday, Nov. 3 at Texas
- Saturday, Nov 10 vs. TCU
- Satuday, Nov. 17 at Oklahoma State
- Saturday, Nov. 23 vs. Oklahoma
No game times have been set yet.