Harrison sorry for 'Bachelor in Paradise' suspension; Olympios says she's a victim
NEW YORK (AP/Sinclair Broadcast Group) - "Bachelor in Paradise" host Chris Harrison says he's sorry for "any inconvenience and disappointment" to the cast, crew and fans of "Bachelor in Paradise," which has been put on a production hold amid misconduct allegations at the filming site in Mexico.
Harrison tells ABC News in a statement that the decision by producer Warner Bros. to halt production on the ABC reality show was made with the "safety and care of the cast and crew of our show" in mind. Warner Bros. spokesman Paul McGuire says the company is investigating the accusations and will take "appropriate responsive action." Neither Harrison, nor McGuire offered any detail on the accusations.
On Sunday, TMZ reported contestants DeMario Jackson, 30, and Corinne Olympios, 25, got "extremely sexual" in a pool, leaving a producer "uncomfortable" with the footage. Warner Bros. released Jackson and Olympios, according to TMZ.
TMZ also reports both were drunk, though Jackson claims Olympios was lucid and initiated the alleged encounter.
Olympios came forward Wednesday, saying she is a victim. She said in a statement obtained by People:
“I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4. Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.
“As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality. As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
People reports Olympios has hired Martin Singer as her attorney, while Jackson has hired Walter Mosley.
The spinoff of "The Bachelor" was shooting its fourth season. It was set to premiere next month.